“The most important thing about having an elevator pitch prepared is that you lead the conversation. Once you lead the conversation, you sound confident. Why? Because you’re saying this for you. You’re telling your story.” — Belinda Racela
Belinda Racela (@belinda-racela-39841911a) is the President and Asset Manager at Chevron Malampaya LLC, Board Member of the Philippine Petroleum Association of the Upstream Industry (Oil and Gas) Inc., and President of the Malampaya Foundation Inc.
As an achiever in a male-dominated industry, she held various positions such as GM Planning for Geothermal and Power Operations and Non-Operated Joint Ventures (2011-2016) and Planning Advisor (2005-2011) at Chevron in Jakarta, Indonesia, and Planning Engineer (1997-2005) and Reservoir Engineer (1991-1997) at Unolocal Philippines Inc.
She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Physics from the University of the Philippines in Diliman, Quezon City and her master’s degree in Business Administration from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business in Makati City. She was an instructor of Physics in the National Institute of Physics in UP Diliman for five years (1986-1991).
Thanks for listening! What was your favorite quote from this episode of The Aries Chan Show? Please leave a reply in the comments.
- Connect with Belinda Racela on LinkedIn
- Belinda discusses what an elevator pitch is, what it is not, and why it is important.
- How long an elevator pitch should be
- Elevator pitch do’s and don’ts
- What should an elevator pitch include about yourself
- Different parts of an elevator pitch
- How do you write an elevator pitch
- Example of an elevator pitch
- Tips on how to be convincing and memorable
- An elevator pitch is not all about you
- Having calling cards ready
- Another example of an elevator pitch
- Q&A with Belinda
- Converse shoes
- Vans shoes
- Philippine Geothermal Inc., Philippine Geothermal
- University of the Philippines in Diliman, Wikipedia
- Tiwi-MakBan, PhilStar Global
- Cara Wilson, Head of FTW Foundation
- Mapua University, Wikipedia
- National University, Wikipedia
The Aries Chan Show is a podcast that tackles topics in philosophy, law, psychology, tech, eSports, entrepreneurship, magazine publishing, and mental health. It was launched on January 20, 2020. Check out this page to listen to any of the past episodes for free.